MeteoTracker, mini-weather station for measurements on the move

• Hi everyone! We are Juri and Timoteo, the creators of MeteoTracker, weather enthusiasts as well as engineers :)

We'd like to present MeteoTracker to this Forum, though some of you may have already heard of it.

MeteoTracker is the first small, portable and compact weather station that measures and records data on the move (it has already been tested on a car, bicycle, glider aircraft and paraglider), which can be visualized immediately via the dedicated app. We are talking about accurate temperature, humidity, altitude and pressure data, among others (dewpoint, thermal inversion, etc.).

The mini-station implements a patented system for solar radiation correction (RECS, Radiation Error Correction System), so that temperature measurements are very accurate even under strong solar radiation at very low speed.

In turn, the absence of shielding structures allows the sensors ample exposure to ventilation and, therefore, significant measurement speed.This is essential for the correct measurement of thermal variations encountered on the move.

Having completed the testing phase, which involved both enthusiasts and professionals, we've decided to move on to production.

As a matter of fact, we are about to launch our crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter and we would really like to know what you think!

We'll leave you with some images of the MeteoTracker app and web platform and photos of the weather station and information on its functionalities.

You can also analyze several of the sessions recorded by the MeteoTracker community on the website http://www.meteotracker.com.

Below is the link to a session done on January 3rd in the Bavarian Forest with temperature variation ratio up to 10.2 ° C over 420 m distance.

https://app.meteotracker.com/#…Iyw1ukuofY8EvntGg8pcvM%3D

ALL_SESSION-e1604163379755.jpg

Maps_1_satgraph-e1604162489963.png

screen_Shot_basic.jpg

IMG_0172-e1604161834816.jpg

Matteo_T_sessione_hot_-2020-07-30-at-15.28.42_zoom_fir-e1604161593894.jpg

Parapendio-2-1-e1604161705595.png

5ea5a214e46eab1081ea31eb.jpg

• The MeteoTracker crowdfunding campaign started on Kickstarter!

You can support the campaign to bring the project life at this link https://bit.ly/35pRD8v

The crowdfunding is aimed at funding the fixed cost needed to start the first serial production (molding, certification, PCB Non Recurring Engineering costs, etc...).

The concept was turned into a project in late 2017, partially funded by Sardinia Regional Administration, and now it is at an advanced prototype stage, ready to go into production.

I and Timoteo Galia founded an innovative startup to carry our the project and thanks to our collaborators we were able to design and develop all the parts involved: PCB, App mobile, SW infrastructure (full stack) and mechanical case. Also, we got a patent for the radiation error correction system.

Have a look and if you think that the project is worthy to be brought to life, support us!

Thanks!

• Falls in der Community Fragen auftauchen, können wir gerne auch in Deutsch weiter schreiben, mittlerweile habe ich mich schon tief in das Thema eingelesen :winking_face: und kann neben Juri auch bei Fragen weiterhelfen.

Hi Juri,

thanks for allowing me to bother you with my technical, business and application questions the last days. I'm very convinced by the MeteoTracker :smiling_face_with_hearts: and wish we can grow the community to share mobile measurement data together in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and actually worldwide.

I just purchased the MeteoTracker on Kickstarter as I love the long battery life, the patented temperature measurement, the photo feature and that the data along the route is shared "live". I see many applications for me, using in on the car, bicycle or even on ski tracks.

I'm looking forward measuring the inversion layers on my way to work :)

Lukas

• Hi Lukas, thanks! I think you could soon report very interesting data from your area... :-)